Programme: European Development Regional Fund (2014-2020) – Region of Umbria
Duration: 15/3/2019 – 14/3/2022
Coordinator/Beneficiary: Azienda Ospedaliera di Perugia
Co-Beneficiary(ies): Università degli Studi di Perugia (Centre of Research “Rights and Science”)
Project Manager: Angelo Sidoni
Key Staff: Cristina Pelliccia, Valentina Colcelli, Roberto Cippitani
Establishing up a Biobank in Umbria, i.e. a service unit, with non-profit purpose, aimed at the collection and conservation of human biological material for diagnosis and research purposes.
The Biobank will provide services to the medical-scientific community and in particular to patients/donors.
The Umbria Biobank is expected to adhere to the BBMRI-ERIC, i.e. the European infrastructure of the biomolecular biobanks.
- Analysis and reuse of BBMRI-ERIC project resources
- Inventory of the existing collection of biological material, classification of materials and digital archive constitution
- Implementation of the host infrastructure
- Acquisition and management of data related to the new biological material
- Analysis of ethical-legal issues
- Risk recovery Plan
- Management and Design
- Communication, dissemination and promotion of Biobanking activities
- Collaboration between the Umbria biobank and the BBMRI-ERIC network